Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mini Quiches

Love, love, love this recipe! I've tried many other complicated ones, but this has to be the quickest and easiest ever!

These are so perfect to make at the beginning of the week - a quick re-heat in the morning and you've got a delicious breakfast! I love having an egg or two in the morning, as the protein really helps sustain me and keep me motivated during all of my early-morning computer work! 

The other great thing about these is that they are insanely customizable! Pretty much anything you'd put in an omelet would be great. I totally would have thrown in some bacon had I had any left! Sausage, peppers, onions, salsa... whatever you want! Or nothing at all! I did ham and cheddar simply because that's what was in my fridge!

Ham & Cheddar Mini Quiches
  • Approx. 6 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • Cubes of ham
  • Cheddar cheese
Again, you can use whatever you want and however much of it you want, so besides the eggs-to-milk ratio, everything else is up to you!
  1. Preheat oven to 325°
  2. Chop ham into tiny pieces appropriate for muffin-sized portions
  3. Whisk eggs and milk together
  4. Divide evenly in a lightly greased muffin tin
  5. Add ham
  6. Sprinkle cheese on top
  7. Bake on middle rack for 25 minutes, or until tops begin to golden (fork should come out clean)





They'll sink a little once they've cooled


If you're planning to pack them up for later in the week...
  1. Allow to cool completely (doesn't take long for an egg to get cold, amiright??)
  2. Wrap individually in plastic wrap
  3. I like to eat them two at a time so I then pair them up in freezer bags
  4. Refrigerate for up to three days or...
  5. Freeze up to one month
To reheat...
  1.  Take plastic wrap off!!
  2. Wrap in a napkin or paper towel
  3. Microwave on HIGH for 30-50 seconds
bad times :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment